Apply to become a RACCA member

member logo2

Start your application for membership here

Visit and like RACCA Australia Facebook!

facebookLike us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with industry news, events and free members resources.

Follow us on Twitter!

Twitter icon

Follow RACCA Australia on Twitter to stay up-to-date with industry news and events. You can also follow fellow industry figures and companies on Twitter!

Follow us on LinkedIn!

linkedin-911794_640

Follow RACCA Australia on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date with industry news and events. You can also follow fellow industry figures and companies on LinkedIn.

Home Forums RACCA Forum Benefits of all-in-one hand tools

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  raccaadmin 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

raccaadmin
    Keymaster

ACHR News, has published an article on HVAC contractors discussing the pros and cons of “all-in-one” hand tools.

The article emphasises that “hand tools are an ever-shifting part of the HVAC landscape. Manufacturers are constantly developing new technologies with the goal of making life easier for technicians in the field.”

The article also emphasises that tools are becoming “smarter, more compact and more versatile” and that for contractors these tools give them opportunities to enhance their team’s job site capabilities.

For the discussion, the article singled out all-in-one hand tools such as multi-drill screwdrivers, and multi-tools with different types of pliers, and stated that contractors recognised the advantages that these tools offer but also pointed out the drawbacks to them.

Scott Savidge from Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning in New York, was interviewed for the article, emphasising that the advancement in technology has allowed for multi-tool options to increase. Savidge and Steve Moon, President of Moon Air Inc in Maryland, agreed that multi-bit screwdrivers in particular have become a popular tool for technicians, however not all multi-tools on offer have been positively received, especially when it comes to their durability. Due to the question of durability, some technicians are opting to use both all-in-one hand tools and dedicated stand-alone tools.

“As a contractor, I utilise both stand-alone and all-in-one tools…I find the convenience of the all-in-one tools very useful and utilise them for most service calls. However, when it comes to completing a project or install, I always go to my heavy tool bag with dedicated tools.” Christopher Dion, service technician at DHR Mechanical stated.

The drawbacks of all-in-one tools that were emphasised in the article included their inability to work on a continuous basis, and the belief that there isn’t a total all-in-one option that can replace an entire bag of tools.

ACHR News’ article can be read in full here.

Do you or your technicians use all-in-one hand tools? If so, what are your thoughts on them? Feel free to login and comment below.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.