Woolworths Refrigeration Apprenticeship Program – QLD
Our fridges are always running, why don’t you catch a career with us?
- Whether you’re looking for a new career path or first step into the workforce this is a great opportunity with NO EXPERIENCE required
- Get paid to work and study
- As an apprentice you will gain a nationally accredited Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration and develop your skills to become a qualified refrigeration technician
- Gain access to the latest refrigeration technologies, support and training
Ready to kick start your Refrigeration career? Chill… we’ve got you covered!
Technology and innovation are changing the face of retail every day. At Woolworths, we are creating a better tomorrow through our 2025 sustainability commitments to our environmental impact. Something we’re proud of is the progress we’ve made to reduce carbon emissions, which have already fallen by 27 per cent since 2015. Our refrigeration systems are at the forefront of technology and we are continually innovating and improving in this space. You can have the best of both worlds – an opportunity to develop your career and be trained on some of the most advanced refrigeration systems in the market. Our team supports our stores, designing and installing refrigeration systems.
What you’ll learn and experience
As an Apprentice Refrigeration Technician with Woolworths, you join our friendly team in a four-year program. What are the perks?
- Gain experience with the latest global refrigeration technologies
- Join one of Australia’s largest refrigeration employers where we put safety, our team and customers first
- Share ideas, innovate and collaborate with our crew of apprentices at a national level
- Learn from experts in the field, feel encouraged to contribute and share what you learn, with ongoing support and training
- Gain exposure to the installation of refrigeration systems
- Feel like you can bring your whole self to work in an environment where people feel a sense of belonging, can contribute ideas and feel value
What’s possible with the Woolworths Group Format Development team
Joining Woolworths isn’t just a job, it’s an investment in your career. We’re keen to see you develop, grow and be at your best. We are an inclusive, team-first company and proud that 30% of our apprentices identify as female, who are thriving in their new trade careers and are a key part of the future of the refrigeration industry.
With guidance, you’ll be involved in large scale projects across the state, installing refrigeration systems into our new supermarkets and existing stores.
Who will make a great Apprentice?
- We’re looking for people who bring a passion to learn the trade, a keen attitude and a focus on our customers
- Some of our Apprentices studied Certificate II in Electrotechnology prior to applying, though not everyone has to have this qualification
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to the full Apprenticeship lifecycle (4 years) incorporating on and off job training including study commitments
- An ability to travel to different sites, including from site to site throughout the day
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention to detail with good numerical and mechanical reasoning skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or other eligible visa holder for an Australian Apprenticeship
Finishing school this year? We will wait for you to start in 2023!
Don’t meet every single requirement?
At Woolworths Group, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or requirement in the job description, we encourage you to continue with your application.
Should you be successful in progressing with your application you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team by October. Part of this application process means you may be required to complete an online psychometric assessment, video interviews, panel interviews and medical and background checks.
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency. #work180
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.