AMCA NSW will be holding a NSW Fire & Smoke Dampers Duct Installers Workshop on 3rd March 2021, with registration closing on 16 February 2021.
The AMCA NSW Fire and Smoke Dampers Duct Installers Workshop is for those involved in the why and how of installing fire and smoke dampers. This short course is recommended for anyone who is involved in the physical installation of fire dampers i.e. Ductwork Installers, Leading Hands or Supervisors.
To familiarise workshop attendees with Australian Standards, industry hardware, and State regulation requirements for installation of fire, smoke and air dampers.
To familiarise workshop attendees with the risks due to fire, the regulations, structural penetrations, dampers, installation and maintenance.
Ductwork and damper installers will be familiarized with:
• The fire and smoke hazards in buildings
• Penetration and opening problems
• The Regulations and legal requirements
• Fire and smoke damper hardware and installation requirements
• How fire, smoke and air dampers do their job
• Installation, Fixing and sealing
• Access and fixing for ongoing maintenance
• Standards and manufacturers requirements for certification and maintenance.
A Statement of Attendance for the AMCA NSW Fire and Smoke Dampers Duct Installers Workshop will be provided.
AMCA NSW Fire and Smoke Dampers
Duct Installers Workshop
AMCA Members $300 (GST free)
RACCA Members $450 (GST free)
Non-Members $600 (GST free)
Half day 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
NHP Building, 30-34 Day Street North, Silverwater NSW 2128
Street parking is available on the premises. Drive in and park at the back of the car park.
Contact Head Teacher: Grant Swanson
Ph: 9217 3240
Ph: 9217 5665
Candidates will be required to provide their own lunch and refreshments – there is a cafeteria nearby.
Please get in touch with me via email@example.com for further information.