In consideration of public health and safety, ARBS 2020 exhibition scheduled to be held from 19-21 May 2020, has been postponed due to the COVID-19 virus.
This decision was made by ARBS Exhibitions Ltd this morning based on the following factors:
- ARBS exhibitions generally host around 10,000 – 12,000 participants, involving exhibitors, visitors, suppliers and contractor staff which is a concern for the health, wellbeing and safety of all participants during what will be a challenging time for the whole country.
- Many international exhibitors have now limited or banned staff travel.
- A number of interstate exhibitors have now limited or banned interstate travel.
- It is likely that the Government will recommend or prevent major travel and movement and possibly limit large events if the virus continues to spread.
- Many companies and staff may be put into self isolation with the rate of spread of the virus at this stage unknown.
- A number of seminar presenters have already flagged their intention to cancel any travel in the foreseeable future.
The announcement of this event postponement follows the wider trend of global events getting rescheduled as the virus remains a looming threat. With these changes comes limited date availability at Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre which ARBS is working through to secure an alternative date for ARBS 2020.
More details will be released soon.